Master Data Coordinator
- JG-3, Functions as North America Molding Center (NAMc) site SAP Master Data Owner.
- Associate has responsibility for the facilitation and coordination activities with worldwide business units (may include enterprise level) material and/or manufacturing master data and/or Quality Master Data.
- This role will act as a liaison with the EDM Governance group to ensure that the Master Data that is entered into the system adheres to the Global Standards established by the Manufacturing and EDM organizations.
- Provides support in the area of identifying and entering master data into SAP.
- Works with the appropriate teams to ensure proper controls/approvals through the engineering change (ECO) and Quality Systems are followed.
- The role will be accountable for coordinating Manufacturing Master Data across business units.
- This includes but is not limited to, data for: Material Master and/or Manufacturing Data and/or Quality Master Data.
- Monitors, publishes, and issues status reports and metrics of the processes.
- Provides value added analysis and information for other functions; i.e., Supply Chain and Materials, for more effective job performance and better decision making, through use of BI, SAP, and other related tools.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ability to read and write and converse in English.
- Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
- Facilitates/coordinates the creation, identification, collection, and entry of master data into the SAP environment for worldwide request of finished goods, and local requests for raw materials, semi-finished goods, and supply items.
- Governance to eliminate the creation of redundancies in Manufacturing Master Data. Managing the data manufacturing for consistency throughout the Global system. Audit data for Manufacturing assurance and timeliness. Spot checks as well as report reviews. Stewardship to ensure Manufacturing Data classification integrity and Manufacturing Data structure integrity.
- Ensuring adherence to process owner’s operational definitions of SAP data by the data providers.
- Works with project teams and associates to ensure proper identification of all impacted data elements based on change(s) being proposed.
- Insures proper assignment of material numbers for finished goods.
- Supports the process by training others, ensuring complete and timely communication between contacts.
- Responsible to coordinate communication between the process areas and affected sites (i.e. plants, distribution centers, and selling entities).
- Responsible for the data quality and accuracy of enterprise level master data.
- Tracks and monitors identified SAP metrics and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Utilizes Business Intelligence, SAP, and other analysis tools to generate value added information for Supply Chain/Materials associates.
- Participates in Lean Manufacturing activities as required.
- Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
- Align with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Assures data integrity in SAP in the primary areas of Material Masters, BOMs, Routers, Work Centers, Production Versions, Control Cycles, working with the other functional groups in the plant.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications, Education, and Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Related Field Required. Preferred BA / BS Degree.
- Resume is Required for Consideration
- One year of plant manufacturing experience and previous document control experience.
- Experience with the business and manufacturing processes that are supported by the SAP master data.
- Strong previous experience with SAP and knowledge of master data.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.