Manufacturing Production Supervisor – day shift
Great opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor to work Monday through Thursday on the day shift at FLEXcon in Columbus. You will establish and maintain a manufacturing process that meets the customer’s requirements and recommend continuous improvement ideas along with making sure measurement systems are in place to track performance. You will have a strong, solid team of 20 employees in which you can learn from and be part of FLEXcon’s journey. Our facility is exceptionally clean, follows all COVID cleaning protocols and provides a healthy and safe environment that takes pride in what we do!
- Embrace and support FLEXcon’s culture through outward communication and employee involvement with a team of 20 employees.
- Develops knowledge and supports FLEXcon initiatives including interpretation of Business Process Goals and KPI measurements
- Supports Fixed and Variable projects in production area by providing support in creations of maps, ISO documents and project updates.
- Develops and/or supports and assists in the development of employees based on the employee’s career interest and potential.
- Interprets and assures observance of all company policies and procedures regarding safety regulations and monitors and reports on activities in this area.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Interviews prospective production employees and conducts Pay for Performance reviews. Assures that Training Requirements are completed for all assigned employees. Maintains production and employee records.
- Updates work orders and collaborates with other department supervisors, engineers, SPC and Quality Technicians and others on production matters. Identifies and resolves issues with other supervisors at shift change.
- Handle customer requirements, customer complaints, job card information, and work orders in process.
- Interprets customer work orders and specifications to employees and assigns duties. Schedules work using knowledge of machine and equipment capabilities and available personnel. Conducts required process audits. Recommends measures to improve production processes, equipment performance, and quality of product. Manages work assignments and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and of employee’s work. Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists employees in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals.
- Completes daily reports such as hotsheets, productivity numbers, and lates.
- May requisition and inspect materials.
- Initiates various accident and production reports and maintenance requests.
- Assures department is maintained in a neat orderly condition. Assures that all quality requirements are observed. Stays abreast of new machine capabilities, production processes and software applications.
-Experienced Manufacturing Supervisor should possess an Associates degree and/or High School Diploma/Equivalent.
-3 to 5 years direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
– Must qualify for and maintains a state fork truck/lift license.
-Must pass drug test, physical and background check
-Work hours are Monday – Thursday: 5:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. FLEXcon does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
FLEXcon is not accepting assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit careers-flexcon.icims.com.