Manufacturing Process Engineer
FLEXcon in Columbus, NE has a new opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer! Are you seeking a role that offers you the ability to provide process definition to new projects through interaction with vendors and suppliers; optimization and troubleshooting to existing processes; and process documentation, standard work and/or technical training to operators, customers, and vendors? Do you have a passion to assure product quality through process design and process control and the drive to recommend and implement process improvements? If so, then you would be an excellent candidate to support quality systems through documentation, training and use of Lean Manufacturing tools and be responsible for technical support for manufacturing. We would utliize your technical skills to supply data analytics and statistical analysis to the organization and use scientific methodology to further understand and execute identified projects to drive continuous improvement in the operation.
- Using Lean Manufacturing skills and an understanding of the eight wastes, lead optimization project teams while balancing improvements in any one waste against the other categories. Design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy, and materials to make products that satisfy customer requirements. Utilize A3 methodology for project planning and execution.
- Coordinate with operations to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. May design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and space.
- Utilizes a high level of applied statistics in work. Able to design, execute and analyze complex trials using Design of Experiments (DOE) for laboratory and process applications. Utilizes, correlation, ANOVA and regression analysis to establish relationships, identify opportunities, determine root causes and predict effective corrective actions.
- High level of computer literacy to support data analytics. Must be able to create complex, custom queries involving multiple SQL databases to create datasets for problem solving. Must be capable of using sophisticated statistical software to run statistical analysis such as Minitab, R, Statistica and\or Excel Data Analysis ToolPak.
- Conduct trials on pilot and production equipment to establish process definition for new processes. Guide mistake proofing and process capability trials on production equipment to scale-up new products, processes and materials. Utilize the concepts of design for manufacturing.
- Understands and utilizes the principals of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) in establishing test plans and manufacturing instructions. Able to act as team leader, facilitator or quality representative of Design or Process FMEA (dFMEA \ pFMEA). Understands how to evaluate risk utilizing criticality standards and how to apply appropriate tactics and resources to prevent or detect failures before they arise.
- Troubleshoot processes in response to process upsets and customer complaints. Determine root cause and implement corrective action.
- Familiar with various analysis tools and capable of leading cross functional teams for current state \ future state mapping, problem analysis, cause and effect diagrams and brainstorming sessions.
- Supports ISO compliance with a heavy focus in the areas of product realization and in measurement, analysis and improvement. Create ISO procedures for new processes and test methods. Audit existing processes for conformance to requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of process and equipment technology within FLEXcon and industry. Research new process technology through literature search and vendor contact to introduce new technology to the company. Implement procedures or technology as necessary to maintain consistency with other FLEXcon facilities and equipment.
- Recommend, or propose implementation of new process control or technology to improve FLEXcon manufacturing capability and systems.
- Train management, operators, team members and customers on procedural issues. Prepare and present seminars on technical processes. Travel to customers, and vendors when necessary.
- Monitor company databases to identify needs and support potential projects.
- Correspond with vendors, suppliers, and FLEXcon personnel via phone or electronic communication systems.
- Attend various meetings, e.g. operations meetings, Kaizen, townhalls, etc.
Education: 4 year degree
Experience: 3- 5 years years related experience in a manufacturing environment with a record of accomplishments in data analytics and production support.
Must pass background check and drug screen.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. FLEXcon does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
FLEXcon is not accepting assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit careers-flexcon.icims.com.