Website BD Medical/ MD Pharmaceutical
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading the overall activities involved in the production of high quality products at or below established standard costs for the plant. Provides leadership in developing strategies to improve safety, quality, service and cost. Applies positive associate relations practices in accordance with plant policies. Builds organizational capability at all levels. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Compliance to production schedules/on-time delivery and products manufactured to meet quality expectations.
• Labor, waste, and expense budget objectives met in area of accountability.
• Continuous improvement and optimization of product flow/throughput.
• Associates in unit exhibit development, high involvement and empowerment.
Develop and communicate strategies and business plans. Function as a change agent, challenge the status quo, set goals and high expectations for all associates.
Focuses manufacturing resources and activities on: Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. Support the activities of the plant safety committee and/or teams.
Maintain communication and relationships with internal and external customers.
Prepares annual and long range budgets including cost reduction projects, quality improvement, capacity and capital plans.
Develop methods to improve production responsiveness and product flow/throughput. Develop skills and capability of employees within the manufacturing unit and foster high involvement and empowerment. Facilitate communication and teamwork. Encourage innovation by all associates.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science or related subject required; MBA desired.
Minimum of 10-15 years manufacturing operations experience in a highly automated environment.
- Management experience with people leaders, hourly production associates and technical associates required.
- Experience dealing with customer inquiries, complaints and presentations. Ability to respond to inquiries with technical data and detailed analysis.
- Must have proven track record managing a business or sub-unit of a very large business.
- A strong record of selecting and developing very competent professional staff, who are energetic and forward thinking.
- A track record of delivering positive bottom line results.
- A track record of delivering strong continuous improvement.
- A track record of creating an effective, highly recognized and proactive organization well aligned with business strategy and needs and integrated with line operations.
- Strong practical work experience; experience in medical device, food or drug industries preferred.
- Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven management systems.
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations & other medical device regulatory compliance requirements
- Knowledge of both lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge/application of Six Sigma & continuous improvement
Supervision: large team
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. They do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status. #LI-ISC
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.