- Monitor, check, and achieve productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of production and shipping departments through continuous improvement and continuous learning.
- Provide direction and full support to Team Leaders and Partners in Progress within their areas of responsibility regarding all safety, quality, and manufacturing plans/systems.
- Position manufacturing to ship at forecasted business levels, complete and on-time, in the most efficient manner to achieve shipping goals.
- Understand, track, and manage equipment throughput / cycle times to meet established capacities.
- Establish a capacity utilization matrix that identifies departmental growth opportunities.
- Build strong Team Leaders through communication, education, mentoring, motivation, listening and delegation.
- Provide tools to Team Leaders and their teams to accomplish the manufacturing plan.
- Participate in product category meetings to improve products, reduce costs, and provide innovation.
- Understand the customer market, performance measures and strive to ship every order in 7 days or less.
- Understand the freight costs and ensure trailers are loaded full each time with no damages.
- Work with Shipping to communicate any open space on trailers to the sales team so orders can be found quickly to maximize all space available.
- Understand the competitors and develop strategies that allow Behlen Country to stay on the leading edge of the industry.
- Work with Team Leaders/teams to impact “actively engaged” Partners In Progress utilizing the tools/concepts available in the Behlen Global Values
- Partner with Continuous Improvement to drive projects that improve the bottom line.
- Report production results at meetings
- Support capital projects to be completed on time and on budget.
- Successfully collaborate with peer M&M’s to facilitate effective plant wide communication and sharing of resources.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001 standards.
- 3-5 Years manufacturing/leadership experience
- Four Year College degree in Business/Engineering or related field a plus
- Proven ability to work with and build teams.
- Flexible scheduling by working with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts when needed.
- Some travel to branch plants when needed to gain continuous improvement knowledge.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Knowledge in the use of computers and manufacturing planning tools
- A sense of urgency to achieve success with strong motivated teams.
- Ability to work, communicate, and exchange ideas with other teams and leaders.
- Ability to read and understand financial information and how to make affect positive improvement.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.