Website Duo Lift Manufacturing
Duo Lift Manufacturing is a manufacturer of high quality agricultural and commercial equipment located in Columbus, NE. Duo Lift is a leader in its industry and is known as the innovator in agricultural and fertilizer trailers and running gears. They are a family owned company founded on Midwestern values, passion and dedication to quality and innovation.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating, leading and implementing plant processes, controls and improvement. Creation and documentation of existing plant processes, procedures,new plant functions and driving factory efficiency are the core responsibilities of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities: To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to create and implement factory processes, procedures and structure and maintain those standards while also looking for new cost saving methods. Labor, materials and safety must be constantly analyzed to develop process improvement initiatives and best practices for competitive operations.
· Document existing processes and procedures
· Analyze and recommend new or modified manufacturing processes to improve efficiency
· Create and document direct labor hours and set baseline labor goals for production
· Calculate factory capacity on a seasonal and annual basis
· Create training material for new employees and existing and new processes
· Implement and maintain ISO certification
· Help facilitate financial justification for automation in factory, new processes and new products
· Analyze existing products and justify continuation or elimination of a product or product line
· Lead creation and/or improvement of welding fixtures
· Lead creation or improvement of fabrication and assembly fixtures
· Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products
· Analyze factory for design layout and workflow to increase workspace efficiency.
· Creates and maintains job process documents
· Manage and communicate with Drafters and engineers to ensure timely information is released to the factory
Reports to Vice President of Plant Operations
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing engineering and process improvement, higher experience level can be substituted for education level
· Strong computer skills including all Microsoft programs
· Strong communication skills with Management, Office and factory employees
· Financial justification analysis and product break-even methodology
· Preferred experience in heavy manufacturing using Robotics, CNC machinery and laser cutting table
· Self-starter, motivated and able to work in a team or alone
· Must be able to multitask and advance more than one project at a time
· Understand internal safety policies and external regulations to ensure the factory is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit an application/resume at www.duolift.com, or stop in and pick up an application at 2810 38th Street in Columbus, NE.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.