Maintenance Tech 1A – 2nd Shift
- Maintenance and repair of plant plumbing
• Occasional construction of shipping crates for outbound equipment
• Obtain materials needed for repair, load, unload, and transport materials or machinery
• Support R&M supply room demands, as needed
• Maintain facility grounds keeping when necessary. Weed control/painting lines in parking lot
• Occasional construction/remodel of facility offices
• Various facility maintenance repairs. To include but not limited to preventative maintenance and repair of plant lighting, doors, caulking, floor patching, and emergency exit doors/lighting.
• Painting, sanding preparation and application of various types of paints.
• Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor through plant MMS or work order request
• Perform hot work of cutting, grinding, soldering; hot work fire watch and confined space attendant roles.
• Able to perform elevated work from man lift, ladders, and platforms.
• Member of facilities HazMat Team, at minimum in a supporting role
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer
• Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job
• Must have simple math skills, which includes fractions
- Must have prior experience in carpentry or building facility maintenance
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- Areas of focus include plumbing, tiling, painting
• Basic knowledge of electrical
• Ability to work independently
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.