Maintenance Tech 1A – 2nd Shift – Full Time – Columbus, NE
Job ID COL01293
Date posted 03/23/2021
This is a full-time position is located in Columbus, Nebraska. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. The Maintenance Tech 1A is a vital role in the daily operations and maintenance of our facility. This position includes working in both indoors and outdoors with exposure to heat or cold temperatures. The primary emphasis of this role is focused on facility maintenance such as plumbing, lighting, and flooring repairs, with supporting aspects to maintenance supply and facility projects.
- Maintenance and repair of plant plumbing
• Occasional construction of shipping crates for outbound equipment
• Obtain materials needed for repair, load, unload, and transport materials or machinery
• Support R&M supply room demands, as needed
• Maintain facility grounds keeping when necessary. Weed control/painting lines in parking lot
• Occasional construction/remodel of facility offices
• Various facility maintenance repairs. To include but not limited to preventative maintenance and repair of plant lighting, doors, caulking, floor patching, and emergency exit doors/lighting.
• Painting, sanding preparation and application of various types of paints.
• Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor through plant MMS or work order request
• Perform hot work of cutting, grinding, soldering; hot work fire watch and confined space attendant roles.
• Able to perform elevated work from man lift, ladders, and platforms.
• Member of facilities HazMat Team, at minimum in a supporting role
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer
• Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job
• Must have simple math skills, which includes fractions
- Must have prior experience in carpentry or building facility maintenance
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- Areas of focus include plumbing, tiling, painting
• Basic knowledge of electrical
• Ability to work independently
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.