Machine Operator Slitter
The Machine Operator on the Slitter Machine works to achieve maximum productivity and quality in the slitting area. Responsible to safely set up, operate and trouble shoot slitter machine. Reports on completion of slitting orders and equipment condition to Supervisor. The shift is Monday – Thursday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Learn and follow FLEXcon’s ISO-9001 Quality Management System. These standards include all work instructions and procedures. Compliance to these standards is monitored by audits.
- Maintain OSHA safety standards by following FLEXcon’s safety policies and procedures such as, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), lock out/tag out, and confined space program.
- Monitor operations, check quality and detect defects. Remove defective materials.
- Assist in loading material and preparing to load next roll/order with the least amount of down time.
- Operate computer including barcode system to log work and make labels.
- Perform necessary adjustments to the slitter machine.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to read and write with basic math skills.
- Able to understand/interpret written or printed instructions or read data, gauges, etc.; can perform basic and occasionally some more complex calculations; accurately retrieve or input data for information; able to use tools to perform light or minor machine maintenance.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and reference check
- Work hours: Monday – Thursday 6 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit careers-flexcon.icims.com.