Responsible for mechanism, machine, gauge, and system design including conceptualization through successful implementation. Responsible for drawing layouts and designs of machines and all facility areas. Reverse engineering to include machine refurbishment.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mechanism, machine, gauge, and system design including conceptualization through successful implementation.
- Drawing layouts and designs of machines and all facility areas.
- Reverse engineering to include machine refurbishment.
- Drawing of machine, gauge, system concept, design, and building specs.
- Drafting / detailing.
- Handle component / system build through both internal and external sources.
- Lead or assist with component or system assembly, including debuging, as required.
- Functional accuracy of design and compatibility with product manufactured.
- Determine adequate construction details to ensure operational reliability of the machine without sacrificing simplicity of construction.
- Merge drawings for facility related projects.
- Reverse engineering.
Assist CAD Administrator to maintain the machine drawing database server and software for the NAMc. Assist CAD Administrator to maintain CAD licenses for the NAMc. Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Associates Degree preferred in Engineering or related technical field
- Previous experience with CAD preferred
- 5 years’ experience in Machine design environment required without Associates Degree.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits forall ofits employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the openposition,you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminateon the basis ofrace, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.