Luer Forming Setup Operator- B Shift
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts at specified output rates. Troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling of parts. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Responsible for product inspection, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement and cleaning/sanitizing.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of parts, and reassembling.
- Work with technical support if necessary.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed.
- Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift set-up operators regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance for respective line.
- Keep equipment supplied with components and material vital to sustain continuous operation, maintain equipment logs.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including final QC lot acceptance rate.
- Operate equipment and process functions, product inspections, perform process tests and record accurate inspection data as required.
- Perform all product changeovers, machine lubrications, sanitization and cleaning.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to read and write and converse in English.
- Associates Degree in a Technical related field
- 2 years previous experience in a technical manufacturing role.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.