Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor
Job Purpose and Impact
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
• Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
• Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
• Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
• Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
• Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
• Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
• Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
• Other duties as assigned
Relocation will be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, food science, biology or related or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Ability to work on weekends
- Ability to work in freezer, cook rooms, infrequent exposure to cold, wet and hot temperatures.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
- Process Auditing experience
- Six Sigma Certification / Training.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.