Livestock Transport Driver
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Drivers safely and timely deliver pigs of all sizes, in well-maintained, company-provided trucks/trailers, 4-5 times a week, to designated locations.
- Position will include driving a variety of routes, both local farm-to-farm and long hauls to customers, from north central Nebraska and south central South Dakota.
- Pigs will be loaded and unloaded on site with strict adherence to specific animal handling and biosecurity protocols to ensure the welfare of our pigs and the health of our farms. Drivers will not have to enter the farms when loading/unloading.
- Candidates must have a clean driving record, flexible schedule, and be comfortable driving in winter road conditions. They must also be comfortable driving long distances between stops.
- This position allows drivers to be home weekends and some week nights.
- Clean driving record, flexible schedule, and be comfortable driving in winter road conditions.
- When required: walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, climbing, using hands/tools to assist.
- Attention to detail and a focus on working safely is a must-have for this position.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
- Class A CDL and Motor Vehicle Record Report Required.
- Experience driving fifth wheel trailers preferred.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.