Large Gauge Soni Clean/Post Soni Clean Operator – 3rd Shift
Job Grade: JG1-H06
PCP Level: 3
Large Gauge Soni- Clean / Post Soni-Clean Team operator
Run machines and assist in Changeovers, and trouble-shooting machines in the Cannula Department. Perform 100% Inspect QC checks, and check material into SAP. Support the activities of the department as necessary to meet objectives. The nature of these jobs requires flexibility and adaptability as condition change. Assist QC Manufacturing Representative and /or QC Technician in performing machine and process capability studies, etc.
Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
Must be able to use a microscope
OPERATOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE AND PERFORM AS FOLLOWS
- Unloading and Loading Soni-Clean lines and Etch Machines
- Work with chemicals for cleaning needles
- Check material in at Post Soni -Clean
- Hand Load and transfer product
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Maintain equipment performance
- Make process equipment adjustments, as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Clean up as required.
To keep product flowing through the operation or task assigned Perform correct QC checks and fill out QC charts Knowledgeable and skilled in use of hand tools. Must comply with all regulatory standards
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator
Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment Use macro scope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision Executes additional duties as required by coordinator Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals Be available to report to work during off shift hours to meet customer’s needs
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read & write English
- Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Experience needed:
- No previous experience required
- Previous manufacturing experience desired
- Experience with vision systems desired
- Work with others (interpersonal skills)
- Give and receive feedback
- Train others
- Solve problems and make informed decisions
- Plan and organize job tasks
- Set priorities and timelines
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing)
- Break down tasks into their parts
- Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
- Precision measuring instruments
- BD inspection methods and documentation
Following the BD Core Values is the expected behavior from every associate
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.