Laboratory Technician – C Shift
- Execute various instrument / equipment / test methods to include:
- Sodium chloride assay and ID’s
- HIAC (sub-visible particle counts)
- UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- ICP Heavy Metals and Iron
- Sterility Testing
- Heparin Assay testing
- Bioburden Testing
- Setup various laboratory equipment and prepare materials required for validations and/or routine analysis
- Calibrate laboratory instruments / equipment
- Maintain sample log-in / check-in / testing logs / product release files
- Monitor laboratory supplies / stock inventory and related testing schedules, and order supplies as needed
- Support laboratory activities relating to production equipment and process validations
- Maintain general cleanliness of laboratory.
- Responsible for proper disposal of tested product, microbiological wastes, and chemical wastes
- Perform other testing / sampling duties as required
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Resume Required
- High School or equivalent required
- General computer experience including MS Word and MS Excel software programs
- Experience in a team-based environment of continuous improvement
- Previous performance demonstrating use of problem solving and quality improvement techniques
- Previous performance demonstrating ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrated performance of positive people interactions and team building
- Possess fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous demonstrated performance of attention to details
- Must be able to speak, read & write English
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.