Laboratory Technician – B Shift
Job Grade: JG2
PCP Level: 3
Laboratory Technician position is responsible for quality testing at the BDMDS Columbus (West) site.
- Execute various instrument / equipment / test methods to include:
- Sodium chloride assay and ID’s
- HIAC (sub-visible particle counts)
- UV/Vis spectrophotometer
- ICP Heavy Metals and Iron
- Sterility Testing
- Heparin Assay testing
- Bioburden Testing
- Setup various laboratory equipment and prepare materials required for validations and/or routine analysis
- Calibrate laboratory instruments / equipment
- Maintain sample log-in / check-in / testing logs / product release files
- Monitor laboratory supplies / stock inventory and related testing schedules, and order supplies as needed
- Support laboratory activities relating to production equipment and process validations
- Maintain general cleanliness of laboratory.
- Responsible for proper disposal of tested product, microbiological wastes, and chemical wastes
- Perform other testing / sampling duties as required
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Resume Required during application to be considered
- High School or GED
- Ability to speak, read & write English
- General computer experience including MS Word and MS Excel software programs
- Experience in a team-based environment of continuous improvement
- Previous performance demonstrating use of problem solving and quality improvement techniques
- Previous performance demonstrating ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrated performance of positive people interactions and team building
- Possess fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous demonstrated performance of attention to details
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.