Lab Technician- Gene Transfer Center
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 1.4 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Work closely in a team environment of 4 to 5 individuals to evaluate, process, package, and ship semen from our lab, boar stud, and isolation barn.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare semen collections for evaluation including accurate dilutions with a pipette.
- Operate an automatic dispensing station to properly dispense extender with ejaculates.
- Operate packaging machines including accurate data entry for dose label information and being able to lift and move the pools of semen.
- Mobility analysis of semen collected and inputting of data.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 hours every day.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.