Barn Technician- Gene Transfer Center
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 1.4 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Work closely in a team environment of 4 to 5 individuals in the training, collection, treatment, and movement of boars at our lab, boar stud, and isolation barn.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of boars body condition and health condition.
- Documentation of all boars collection history on each boar card.
- Administration of boars treatment and noted on treatment cards.
- Boar training and collection of new incoming groups of boars.
- Moving boars from isolation to main barn and on days during collection.
- Must be able to reach, bend, kneel, and squat with full range of motion.
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 hours every day.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.