Lost Creek Elementary
JOB TITLE: Kitchen Manager
D.O.T. # FULL TIME
D.O.T. CLASS: Sedentary Light Medium Heavy
A. Educational Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Strong math skills
B. Experience: 1-Year School Food Service preferred but not required
C. Certification: ASFSA Certified or working toward certification preferred
D. Expectations: Must be congenial with co-workers and customers
Willing to follow instructions from supervisor
REPORTS TO: Food Service Supervisor
- Implement and maintain integrity and accountability of child nutrition program through compliance with Federal U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), Nebraska Dept. of Education (NDE) and local regulations with recorded documentation.
- Can effectively organize, delegate, instruct, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline adult and student staff.
- Effectively train and encourage high levels of sanitation standards.
- Coordinate necessary food and supplies to implement USDA guidelines for daily delivery to satellite schools.
- Supervise time sheets of assigned staff.
- Monitor receiving and storage of food and supplies.
- Supervise elementary driver, assistant and vehicle.
- Coordinate and market Food Service within the school district by cooperating with principals, faculty, students & staff.
- Maintain high personal and professional standards.
- Maintain open communication with Director concerning all aspects of Food Service operations.
Never 0%, Occasional 1-32%, Frequent 33-66%, Constant 67%+
Occasional: Sitting, climbing, driving
Frequent: Walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting 60 lbs., carrying
A. Environment: Inside, air-conditioned
B . Hazards: Lifting, burns, slipping
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.