Inventory Control – Columbus,NE
This is an hourly position.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Under general supervision maintains warehouse. Unloading trucks, placing received materials into inventory, picks parts for production and maintenance and maintains accurate inventories.
- Interact professionally, effectively, and courteously with ADM-CLM supervisors, employees, contractors, and visitors site-wide, as well as ADM locations
- Monitors receiving status and shortage discrepancy reports, and communicates required action
- Assists in assigning storage locations, and enters such information into the departmental database
- Takes inventories periodically and completes necessary reports and records
- Operates all material handling equipment such as scales, hand jacks, and equipment used for measuring and counting
- Return unneeded parts to inventory, and update the database accordingly
- Assist customers in identifying, locating, and obtaining needed parts by searching the inventory database or physically searching parts storage areas
- Checks quantities, identification and condition of materials received, and enter such information into our database
- Receives shipments of hazardous chemicals, placing such in appropriate storage locations
- Maintains responsibility for the pick-up and documentation of used chemicals
- Serve as primary point of contact for incoming parts, materials, chemicals, and ingredients form common carriers, vendors, UPS, etc.
- Using carts, hand trucks, and forklifts, safely and carefully unload trucks carrying items ranging from small parcels to pipe, motors, and large machinery
- Ensure that any Direct Issue items are marked appropriately, and that any inventoried items issued from Receiving are properly charged to a Work Order
- Prepare Bills of Lading and other shipping documents using MSR’s, UPS, Excel, and other forms and software
- Deliver all chemicals, lab supplies, and other items as requested by process
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties
- Must Successfully complete all ADM Safety Certification requirements
- Good regular and prompt attendance history
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Previous plant/warehouse, inventory control, and forklift experience (strongly preferred)
- Good communication skills with a professional and courteous personality
- Ability to work well with others and with little supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills and responsibilities
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills (MSS)
- Must be self-motivated and hard working
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping skills
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.