Pillen Family Farms
At Pillen Family Farms, we’re always looking for the next generation of leaders to join our team yes, that includes interns! Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- We have paid 8-12 week internships available in all areas of our breed to finish operation on both the commercial and genetic side of the business.
- Eligible applicants are students pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree in animal science, agricultural studies or other agricultural related field and are serious about joining the swine industry post-graduation.
- Qualities that we look for include teamwork, accountability for reaching performance goals, strong work ethic, and the desire to learn and understand commerical pork production.
- We are dedicated to ensuring our interns finish their internship with real world experience regarding the swine industry and new skills that enhance their academic, career, and personal knowledge.
- Specific skills that can be acquired through our internship include but are not limited to:
- Understanding of pig behavior and proper feed, water, and health programs.
- Understanding of pig movements including animal handling and sorting.
- Principles of breeding including body condition scoring, heat detection, artificial insemination and pregnancy checks.
- Piglet care including colostrum management, processing, vacciantion, castration, etc.
- Importance of team member management and engagement.
- Importance of biosecurity and proper sanitation at farms.
- Proper care and treatment of animals.
- Data entry and recordkeeping.
Our internships are a direct path to post-graduation employment opportunities!
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.