We are looking for individuals ready to take on challenges and responsibilities within our Columbus, NE facilities. We will provide you a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience at our two processing facilities (wet milling and dry grind) as well as our Co-generation facility.
Potential assignments may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose panel malfunctions
- Calibrates, replaces or repairs a variety of electrical or electronic monitoring equipment (flow meters, control valves, pH monitors, pressure & level transmitters)
- Develop or modify computer programs for process control functions
- Build or modify equipment such as alarms, timers and related devices
- Assist in the installation and wiring of new/modified electrical equipment
- Maintain accurate and thorough knowledge of manuals, publications and files concerning equipment, programs and production processes
To be considered for an opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Committed to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Associates Degree and/or minimum of 3 to 5 years of industrial or commercial instrumentation experience and/or two (2) year degree
- (Required); able to run conduit, troubleshoot, read blue prints
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time, squat/kneel, climb stairs/ladders, operate vibrating equipment/power tools/assistive transfer devices, able to grip/grasp/pinch and reach overhead, work in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent communication & organizational skills; able to collaborate with colleagues and management teams to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training
- Willing to work shift and weekends as needed
- Electrical experience is a plus; knowledge of ladder logic controls is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; electrical or instrumentation education is preferred
- We expect our team members to continuously grow and develop their knowledge of our plant, this includes active engagement in our safety culture and actively pursuing career enhancement opportunities.
For more than a century the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 ADM employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 470 crop procurement locations, 285 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.