Inspection Associate- B Shift
Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, and minimizing/preventing equipment downtime. Must be able to work both independently and as a team member and actively communicate with others to include workplace teams. Will perform continuous inspection to identify and remove critical, major, and minor defects according to standard procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Manually/visually and under magnification inspect product and be able to identify and remove defects.
2. Perform quality inspections and record accurate inspection data as required.
3. Tend equipment, robots, and clear jams, load commodities, move materials, and remove trash.
4. Verify process steps are completed correctly in appropriate batch records.
5. Clean equipment, floors, and workstations.
6. Sustain a productive work environment through effective communication with team members.
7. Training others.
8. Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
9. Other duties as assigned.
- High quality products produced per manufacturing documents.
- Accurate documentation.
Minimum Education: Required
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.