Industrial Manufacturing Tech – Apprentice
Timpte is excited to rollout our apprenticeship program to our local David City High School students who are looking to gain work experience in the Manufacturing field.
In this apprenticeship program, students will gain hands on experience at Timpte Manufacturing by learning a variety of areas on our Production floor.
Job functions include the following:
1. Protect self and other workers from accidents and injuries.
2. Accurately and properly interpret production specifications in order to set up/plan for production run.
3. Set up, inspect, and adjust production equipment prior to full production run.
4. Operate production equipment according to production schedule and protocols and meeting all safety requirements.
5. Produce products that meet or exceed quality, volume, and cost requirements.
6. Shut down, disassemble, and maintain equipment according to recommendations or protocols.
7. Contribute to the business goal of the organization through continuous improvement and professional development.
During the apprenticeship, students will use hand tools and power tools to drill, rivet, caulk, fasten, and place parts and assemblies in jigs and fixtures. They will perform preventative maintenance to keep tools and equipment in good working condition and operate fabrication and welding equipment.
Timpte is celebrating 135 years in business and currently employs over 400 employees in 6 states across the Midwest. Timpte offers a competitive salary along with quarterly bonus for this position. Other popular benefits include personal time off, paid holidays, employee tuition reimbursement, 401K company match, medical, dental, and vision plans and much more. As a company that values our employees we offer company paid lunches for holidays, company picnic for our families to enjoy every year, holiday parties, and other events throughout the year.
Positive, high energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding company expectations
Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value added service
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with peers
Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of local business and the company overall
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
Currently enrolled in high school classes, and meet the qualifications noted by David City High School
Ability to work with general supervision and make basic quality decisions
Be able to work with other employees
Prior manufacturing experience helpful
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.