Huber Operator – B Shift
Operate the Stopper Wash/Lube processing equipment as advised. Perform quality inspections, line clearances and record per the detailed procedure and advise Quality and Rubber Parts leadership of issues. Follow the production schedules. This position supports other operations in Rubber parts as the need arises by Leadership.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- The duties are to include, but not limited to:Light manual assembly, 100% inspection to packaging requirements and machine operation.
- Must be familiar with specifications outlined in the process procedures, Quality Control Specifications, Drawings and GMP Manuals.
- Perform and record quality checks and line clearances as required per documentation. Will wear appropriate apparel for entry into the clean room environment.
- Must comply with protective clothing policy and all safety policies. The operation includes, getting components from the warehouse, issuing goods to production orders, bagging, packaging, labeling and palletizing components and staging components for each operation per detailed procedure.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment. Operations may include starting and stopping machine, selecting the correct wash/silicone cycle, performing line clearances, fill hoppers, bagging, packaging/ labeling and palletizing components per detailed procedures. Other duties as assigned
- High School / GED required
- Previous manufacturing or proven stable work history preferred.
- Use of measurement devices and quality records preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities (KSA’s):
- Use of Computers and Systems
- English (read, speak and write)
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
- The position may require lifting up to 35 pounds and sit or stand for periods of time up to four hours in duration.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (bd):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.