Website Columbus Public Schools
- Education Level: High School Diploma
- Four years experience in facility operations
- Experience Required: four years experience in custodial operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Buildings and Grounds; Building/Principal
- Provides direction to building staff.
- Provides input to Director of Buildings and Grounds, Building Principal, Night Custodian Supervisor, and external cleaning service on building needs/issues.
- Types of activities performed frequently:
- Clean assigned facilities and/or grounds to maintain a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
- Consult with administrative personnel to plan, prioritize, and schedule custodial activities and achieve site maintenance objectives.
- Distribute materials to the appropriate parties within the building.
- Distribute supplies & equipment to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Inspect facilities to ensure the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive & clean condition, identify necessary repairs to facility/equipment.
- Maintain supplies & equipment to ensure availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facility.
- Monitor students & staff to prevent injury and ensure site safety.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying information required to perform job functions.
- Perform minor maintenance building repairs to maintain a safe & attractive building.
- Prepare written material to document activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Replenish classroom & restroom supplies to ensure adequate quantities for daily use.
- Respond immediately to safety and/or operational concerns to take appropriate action or notify appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, students, parents, and visitors to provide information, take appropriate action, and direct appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secure facilities and grounds to minimize property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability.
- Train assigned personnel to develop professional trade and safety awareness skills.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by building principal or director of building and grounds.