Global Technician- 2nd Shift
- Maintains production equipment.
- Duties will include assisting with engineering projects and other continuous improvement activities. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts all equipment and systems throughout the facility.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support the Controls Coordinator & Process Engineers in implementation of process improvements in the area of mechanical & electrical systems, programming, and Vision Systems.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of machinery, pneumatics, electric motors, variable speed drives, machine vision, and servo systems.
- Performs Preventative & Predictive Maintenance and calibrations as assigned.
- Maintenance and repair of Programmable Logic Controllers, Robotics, and Industrial networks.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment within established standards and requirements.
- Responsible for spare parts inventory for machines and equipment.
- Will instruct machine operators on proper methods of operation, preventative maintenance, and safety to assure quality and quantity of parts.
- Acts as a leader, mentor, and team builder to fellow associates.
- Duties may require correction of problems during off-shifts on a call-up basis.
- Update Quality System documents as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree Required – Electro-mechanical Technology or other related technical field
- Basic Electrical and Computer Knowledge
- Proficient Mechanical/Technical Systems and Equipment Troubleshooting Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.