Glass Cutting Operator – D Shift $2000 Bonus incentive being offered!
$2000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Responsible for the day to day operating, monitoring, and repair of glass cutting machines in line with auto glass packing equipment and ultrasonic washers.
The associate must be able to work both independently and as a team member and actively connect with others to include workplace teams. Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, and minimizing/preventing equipment downtime.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Operate and supervise equipment cycles. Operators have complete responsibility for their quality, production, waste, and machine workability/accountability.
- Perform machine set-up and changeovers.
- Understand and operate inspection & testing equipment.
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance on cutting machines and equipment.
- Responsible for identifying and correcting any dimensional defects and cosmetic defects according to current QC specifications, to insure good quality.
- Record accurate inspection and process data as required for the completion of controlled documents/paperwork in an effective manner.
- Tend to the overall cleanliness and organization of the equipment and work area.
- Utilize Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to query, move, validate, and issue material to production orders and machines from rack/storage locations and back to respective locations including accurate consumption of materials.
- Move raw material to staging areas by forklift, electric pallet jack, or pallet jack.
- Present shift reporting and shift start up information to operators, technicians and supervisors.
- Verify process steps are completed accurately in batch records. Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures.
- Trains associates and answers procedural questions to internal and/or external stakeholders, as needed.
- Works around potentially hazardous materials/chemicals/energy sources (compressed air, electricity, etc) used to clean areas.
- Wears personal protective equipment required in job.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operate equipment at targeted efficiency and scrap rates.
- Clean and efficient work area.
- High quality products produced per manufacturing documents.
- Accurate documentation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
- 2 years Mechanical/Technical experience referred
- Use of measurement devises and quality records preferred
- Cutting experience preferred
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About becton dickinson (bd):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.