Website Behlen Mfg. Co.
Job Title: General Accountant
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual that desires to provide financial reports, departmental expenses and cost information to assist in cost analysis. This individual will perform accounting duties as part of the consolidation efforts of the accounting team and be heavily involved in expense reporting to aid team leaders.
- Develop charts/graphs that will highlight critical aspects of current performance as well as past and future performance in “what if” situations. (“Paint a picture”)
- Data entry required to provide productivity and efficiency reports, month end reports, Headcount Charts, and other Departmental Reporting.
- Interpret cost/financial information and provide recommendations to Accounting team when necessary.
- Prepare Audit work papers for the bank audit and general audit.
- Prepare profit and loss statements for specific business units.
- Ability to work in a team environment, alongside business unit controllers, financial cost accountant, and treasurer to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Good team player that enjoys interacting with Partners in Progress.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO:9001:2015
- Responsible for any other tasks as needed/assigned by Team Leader.
- Minimum of two years Education in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- A good understanding of general accounting/manufacturing cost accounting, with good financial skills.
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Power Point required.
- Knowledge of Oracle-JDE World Application, a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good technical skills including intermediate math skills, and high attention to accuracy, detail and confidentiality.
- Self-Motivated with a strong desire for self-improvement through education and training.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.