Galvanized Crane/Forklift Operator
Website Behlen Manufacturing Co.
Job Title: Galvanized Crane/Forklift Operator
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 3rd Shift (Wednesday 12pm – 6pm; Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6am – 6pm)
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- The proper racking of material and pickling, pre fluxing and galvanizing of parts.
- Operator needs to be responsible for quality and quantity of work.
- Safe working habits and housekeeping in their area.
- Notifying maintenance of any needed repairs responsible for transporting parts, stock supplies, or other items between departments and outside.
- Operator must anticipate material needs.
- Work closely with Team Leader and other galvanizing crane operators to include loading of crane in slow periods of forklift driving.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedures, policy and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO 9001:2015.
- Needs to have the ability to move loads with a forklift in close quarters and around other workers.
- Forklift & Combilift certification needed.
- Knowledge of MSDS sheets applicable to chemicals used in the galvanizing area required.
- Team Player.
- Continuous Improvement experience helpful.
- See below for Physical Requirements.
- Other duties may be designated if needed.
|Change of Position||X|
|Reaching (Extended Hands/Arms)||X|
|Reach Across Midline|
|Handling (Hold, Grasp, Seize, Turn)||X|
(Perceive Attributes of Objects)
|Crouching/Squatting (Bend Legs/Spine)||X|
|Stooping (Bend at Waist)||X|
|In/Out of Machine|
MACHINE CONTROL OPERATION
|Arm / Hand||X|
|Leg / Foot|
|Simple Grasp (Grasp Lightly)|
|Firm Grasp (Use Pressure / Force)|
In the following graph, record how much weight the individual will be lifting in each category.
|Lifting / Lowering||71 pounds
|Pushing / Pulling (Force Exerted)||75 pounds
Other Notes: 125 pound two person lift
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.