Front Desk Agent
Ramada Columbus and River's Edge Convention Center
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Ramada Columbus and River’s Edge Convention Center is looking for a Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation. The Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs daily Front Desk functions such as manage guest check-in and check–out procedures, reservations, and payments. Answering phones, completion of shift check-list, processing related transactions, etc.
- Perform light administrative duties such as sending a receiving faxes, making copies, sending e-mail correspondence, filing, and cleaning.
- Answer telephones with proper telephone etiquette and respond to guest inquires or direct calls accordingly.
- Make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests or answer a variety of questions for guests pertaining to their reservations.
- Warmly greet incoming guest, check-in guests following correct check-in procedures, establish necessary credit and billing and issue keys appropriately to guests.
- Manage customer requests or complaints and ensure that appropriate actions have been taken by responding courteously, efficiently and professionally.
- Answer guest inquiries pertaining to the hotel’s amenities, services, policies, area attractions, dining, and directions.
- Communicate with other departments as needed.
- Completed check-out procedures, computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests as required.
- Balance all cash receipts and work performed during shift and performs a bucket check on shift.
- Distributes guest and staff mail and messages as necessary.
- Drive loyalty by encouraging guest to sign up for Wyndham Rewards and return to brand for future accommodations.
- Follow the company COVID-19 guidelines.
- Other duties as required and or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist or similar role is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, organizing and planning.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- A true team player with your colleagues.
- Able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
In addition, you can choose to upload your resume at https://somethinggoodcolumbus.com/upload-resume/ and we will put it directly in the hands of our Columbus business owners and HR professionals. Be sure to mention this job’s title and employer.
We want you in Columbus!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.