Forming Setup Operator – C Shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to specified output rates.
- Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components.
- Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning.
- Work as a team with peers for maximum efficiency in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards.
- Responsible for quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Informal leader for respective line.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
- Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
- Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
- Record accurate inspection and production data as the need arises.
- Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree in Mechanics or Mechatronics preferred
- Read, write, and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.