Forming Setup Operator – C shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum efficiency in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards.
- Responsible for quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Informal leader for respective line.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
- Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
- Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
- Record accurate inspection and production data as the need arises.
- Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree in Mechanics or Mechatronics preferred
- Read, write, and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.