Forming Operator – D Shift
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to quality specifications, at specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum effectiveness in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards. Responsible for product quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Informal leader for respective line.
2. Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
3. Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
4. Repair, adjust and troubleshoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of machine components and reassembling.
5. Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
6. Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
7. Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
8. Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
9. Record accurate inspection and production data as required.
10. Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
11. Perform all product changeovers.
12. Perform changeover of all modules, including camera vision system.
13. Keep equipment supplied with components and material necessary to sustain continuous operation, including placement of finished components into appropriate locations.
14. Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on proper job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
15. Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
16. Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
17. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be able to read, write, and speak English
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.