Forklift Driver/ Dock Operator
Shift Available: 1st Shift & 2nd Shift
Compensation: starting pay $21.00/hr
- Overtime Potential
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Employee Discounts
Forklift Operators are an important role in the daily operations of our facilities. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title depending on the location in our facility. This job is important because it allows the movement of beef, bone, tissue, finished product, and various other products in the processing and shipping areas. Some roles may require you to use a computer or a manual paper process to track processes and make reports. All forklift certified employees must go through Cargill’s forklift training program to obtain the forklift license required to perform their job.
While performing the duties of a Forklift Operator, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced warm/cool environment. Positions require standing, walking, or sitting the entire shift, the use of stairs, the ability to operate heavy equipment and have a driver’s license, and the use of PPE which is required in all areas of the facility.
- Maintaining Processes such as rendering and tissue processes
- Tracking, reading, or creating reports manually or via computer
- Ensuring food safety and quality
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Manual lifting and stacking of boxes up to 100lbs
- Scan gun operation
• Legal to work in the US without the need of a Visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Possession of or the ability to obtain a driver’s license
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work Monday – Saturday, 1:00PM to 9:00PM (2nd shift) and Ability to work Monday – Saturday, 5:00AM – 1:00PM (1st shift)
• Previous Cargill Experience
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Previous experience using a computer
• Previous experience as a forklift driver
• Previous experience as a mechanic
• Work History in the last 12 months
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.