Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate
FSQR Associate Position:
The purpose of this position is to develop and train individuals that have recently graduated from college to prepare them to take on roles of increased complexity across the Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) job family at various locations across Cargill. As part of the FSQR Associate Program, Associates will go through an extensive on the job training program that enables them to become familiar with the workflow of the business operations, and to develop knowledge of processing production, including good manufacturing practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), food safety, quality, process control and regulatory compliance. Individuals will be assigned key projects and will be responsible for overseeing and managing several food safety and quality programs at the plant.
As an FSQR Associate, you will gain an understanding of processing production with primary emphasis on monitoring the processing activities of the various departments within the facility. Associates will be trained in a number of areas to learn skills and gain knowledge necessary to succeed in a Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory leadership role. By starting your career as an FSQR Associate, you will be exposed to all facets of business operations through an in-depth general orientation. This is designed to teach the various aspects of the business prior to placement in a role that aligns the candidate with business needs.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems, including raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing, and oversight of analytical testing performed in operations control rooms.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data, final product and wastewater.
- Identify and resolve product quality problems and work with team members from various departments to ensure quality, food safety, and microbiological requirements are met. Complete specific FSQR projects designated by the FSQR leadership team. Write FSQR/Micro procedures as needed. Complete facility and Processing Area FSQR Assessments, Sanitation Assessments, Support and coordinate corrective action teams, as needed. Participate in a committee and engagement activities.
- Provide back-up assistance for FSQR Professionals and Supervisor, Food Safety Specialist, or Microbiology Supervisor. Complete pre-shipment review and product clearances as needed. Effectively communicate FSQR and Micro results, including timely reporting of all quality assurance activities.
- Maintain all manufacturing, safety, FSQR, Pre-requisite Programs (PRPs), and HACCP policies in production of products. Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent information to assure that processes and products are food safe.
- Coordinate and monitor FSQR audits/reviews of operational systems to include the following: FSQR/Microbiology Technician, as needed, duties to include operation/calibration of equipment, aseptic technique when sampling and completing microbiological testing, information management (SPC, Computer Data Entry into spreadsheets/databases). Candidates will cross train in both FSQR and Micro functions. Must know technician duties well enough to assist in training needs and plant training programs for new FSQR /Micro employees to assure that employees performing tasks are capable and the requirements are being met.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (i.e. Process improvement projects, development and modification of QA procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process start-ups and projects.
- Our labs are located in an industrial/processing plant environment. The plant environment is team-based, fast-paced, and hands-on. This position requires a moderate amount of physical exertion on a fairly regular basis. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e. heat, cold, working in a wet environment).
- Our culture focuses on Safety, Employee Engagement, Inclusion, & Innovation.
FSQR Associate Options:
- Beef harvesting/processing
- Turkey harvesting/processing
- Further Processed Meat, Eggs and Ground Beef
- Starches, Sweeteners & Edible Oils/processing
- Bio-industrial and fermentation processing
Associate Program Benefits:
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Associates are offered retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Relocation benefits are available to those who qualify (based on mileage).
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates a diverse group of employees. Our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and utilize our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Various plant locations across the U.S. – must be open to relocation
- Job Locations include: Springdale, AK | Fresno, CA | Newnan, GA | Hammond, IN | Mason City, IA | Eddyville, IA | Cedar Rapids, IA | Lake Odessa, MI | Big Lake, MN | Albert Lea, MN | Monticello, MN | Marshall, MO | California, MO | Nebraska City, NE | Columbus, NE | Schuyler, NE | Blair, NE | Dayton, OH | Hazleton, PA | Fort Worth, TX | Waco, TX | Friona, TX | Dayton, VA | Milwaukee, WI
- Currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical science program (i.e. Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related technical science degree with the exception of the social sciences), and graduating between December 2021 – Summer 2022
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred out of a 4.0 scale
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.