Finisher Pig Technician
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, our finisher pig technicians are responsible for the care of pigs in our finishing barns.
- A Team Member who works with our older pigs must possess excellent animal husbandry skills and a passion for detail.
- These team members generally start their day by 6:00 a.m. and typically complete around 3:00 / 4:00 p.m. However, with various loading and receiving times, the start and finish times can be modified to accommodate personal schedules.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Power washing and sanitizing barns, rooms, and hallways.
- Manage nutritional requirements of each animal.
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Be at work on scheduled days and ready to walk into barns by start time.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.