Final Inspection Lead – D Shift
Job Grade: JG1
PCP Level: 2
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Generate Quality Notifications, initiate and perform quality investigations. Establish and meet product clearance goals. Allocate Final Inspection manning as necessary to ensure coverage. Maintain data and produce reports as required. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read and write and converse in English. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs daily chart review on production in-process forms when necessary and approves final inspection forms.
- Generate Quality Notifications.
- Establish product clearance goals as well as monitoring clearance.
- Initiate and participate in investigations.
- Allocate Final Inspection manning as needed.
- Leading and developing others.
- Able to work accurately with limited supervision.
- Has a concern for timeliness.
- Accepts responsibilities and can communicate effectively with supervision, co-workers, and production.
- Driver of “Right the First Time” and blocked stock.
- Assist in MSA activities.
- Understand and generate metrics.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED required
- Ability to speak, read & write English
- 2 years manufacturing quality system experience
- Use of measurement devices and quality records preferred.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.