FIBER PROCESSOR – Columbus, NE
Processes fiber received from the Mill in slurry form by removing moisture. Maintains the area’s Master Sanitation Schedule, performs light maintenance and assists with loading of wet feed trucks.
Essential Job Functions
- Collects representative samples of feed products and determines product moisture.
- Makes necessary adjustments to screens, presses, dust addition and heavy steepwater addition to maintain proper moisture.
- Collects representative samples of feed products for protein analysis.
- Makes necessary adjustments to heavy steepwater addition to maintain proper protein.
- Selects number of positions of dewatering screen nozzles to be operated.
- Power washes, foam cleans and changes dewatering screens as scheduled.
- Operates front-end loader as necessary to maintain the feed pile. Loads trucks directly with the loader.
- Performs routine inspections, are and maintenance on the front-end loader. Duties include checking engine oil levels, periodic lubrication and radiator clean-out among others.
- Insures that feed sales are accurately invoiced and presented to truck drivers.
- Performs routine inspections and housekeeping on scale and scale pit.
- Performs the necessary housekeeping to maintain the desired level of cleanliness, both in the Fiber Processing building and the wet feed pad.
- Monitors the weight of fiber on trucks by use of computerized scale to insure that trucks are loaded within acceptable limits.
- Coordinates the loading of trucks of wet feed by weighing trucks.
- Monitors the dust receiving systems.
- Monitors the SO2 ventilation system performance.
- Monitors the building ventilation system performance.
- Monitors the building heating system performance.
- Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out and Confined Space procedures on various valves and machine equipment, such as motors, pumps, tanks, boilers, etc. Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
- Documents and reports and concerns or problems with the DCS equipment by writing out a DCS systems Change Notice to inform appropriate personnel of specific problem areas and to help ensure timely repairs, adjustments or updates.
- Assist in fiber processing lubrication.
- Submits work requests as necessary to maintain the full capacity of the Fiber Processing System.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Participates actively in training.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required.
- Assists in keeping the department in tour ready condition.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.