Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Energy and passion for assisting with the birthing process and newborn piglets are what make a top team member in this fast-paced position.
- Working in partnership with other farrowing team members, you’ll be expected to maintain strict records on hand held computers.
- Our team members on a reproduction/farrowing team start their days by 6:00 am and typically complete around 3:00 – 4:00 pm.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with all sows and new piglets during birthing.
- Assessment of sow, gilt, and piglet condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Movements of sows, gilts, and piglets.
- Fine motor skills for writing data, administering treatment shots, and weighing individual piglets.
- Continuous bending, reaching, and crouching for power washing and sanitizing.
- Frequent kneeling, reaching, and steady balance required for treating piglets.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, interpersonal communication.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.