Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, farm managers are responsible for the care of pigs and team members at their designated farm.
- A Farm Manager who would be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of a sow, nursery or finisher farm or multiplication/daughter nucleus farm types.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing farm team.
- Managing operating costs of farm.
- Implementing processes and relaying to team.
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- The opportunity would lie within Nebraska.
- Ability to lead a team and promote a culture of integrity.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.