Family Consumer Science Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
Middle School Teaching/Family/Consumer Science
Columbus Middle School
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN SCIENCES AND EDUCATION CAREER FIELD
Human Services Cluster
JOB TITLE: 5-8 Family and Consumer Science
- Bachelors degree or higher with a major in Family and Consumer Science.
- Must meet standards for certification as a Nebraska teacher in secondary education with an endorsement in Family and Consumer Science.
- Prior teaching experience in Family and Consumer Sciences and experience as a FCCLA student organization advisor is highly recommended, but not required.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
The salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education background and FCS teaching experience. The contract year shall be 188 days for returning teachers and 190 days for teachers new to the district.
- Able to teach programs that align to local district and state curriculum standards in Family and Consumer Science that integrates family and career readiness with technical skill instruction within a critical science perspective.
- Have a current background in the content programs of Family and Consumer Sciences including early childhood and development; personal finance, sewing, and culinary arts.
- Able to provide a safe and orderly learning environment including classroom and building level student supervision as assigned.
- Provide leadership and supervision of students in developing, organizing and utilizing resources for an effective instructional program at the middle school level in Family and Consumer Science.
- Able to provide a variety of learning experiences in which students are actively engaged as participants in the classroom.
- Be a collaborative team member that assists in program development and evaluation on a regular basis.
- Incorporate best practices in content area and use assessment data when making instructional decisions.
- Able to integrate and use electronic devices as part of the instructional program in a digital learning environment.
- Responsible for submitting a budget and following district protocols for requesting and acquiring funds from the general budget specific to the needs of the Family and Consumer Science program.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Never 0%, Occasional 1-32%, Frequent 33-66%, Constant 67%+
Occasional: Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, driving, lifting 10# max, and carrying 20ft.
Frequent: Sitting and manual dexterity tasks
Constant: Standing and walking
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of the work is done inside conducted in an air-conditioned environment. It will be the responsibility of the individual to purchase and pick up grocery related items at local vendors in the community.
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.