Evening Line Cook
Ramada Columbus and River's Edge Convention Center
Ramada Columbus and River’s Edge Convention Center is in search of a Line Cook who has a passion for food and cooking to join our Bistro team. If you enjoy working with customers to deliver excellent service, this position is perfect for you. We offer competitive pay and a great work environment. Come work with the best staff in the business!!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions and guest specification.
· Preparation of soups, salads, sauces, desserts, entrees and special event catering.
· Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
· Setting up buffet service and food orders.
· Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
· Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to food service.
· Maintains kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged.
· Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
· Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
· Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
· Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
· Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
· Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
· Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
· Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
· Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
· At least 1 year of prior cooking experience preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail, organizing and planning.
· Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
· A true team player with your colleagues.
· Able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
In addition, you can choose to upload your resume at https://somethinggoodcolumbus.com/upload-resume/ and we will put it directly in the hands of our Columbus business owners and HR professionals. Be sure to mention this job’s title and employer.
We want you in Columbus!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.