ETHANOL LOADER – Columbus, NE
Moves railcars and trucks into proper filling position and uses pumps and loading spouts to transfer completed product from storage tanks to railcars and trucks.
Essential Job Functions
- Takes samples of product from trucks and railcars and seals such following completion of lab analysis, and loading to ensure correct content, volume, temperature and weights.
- Seals outlet valves on cars and trucks.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements, including DOT hazardous shipping requirements.
- Properly records, closes, tightens and seals trucks and railcars loaded with ethanol and corn oil after loading and inspection. Verifies 100% securement of all shipments.
- Cleans and sanitizes railcars and tanks using standard cleaning materials and procedures.
- Uses computer programs ( ADMWEIGH and Honeywell DCS) to monitor loading operations.
- Opens and seals hatches and unloading doors, cleaning and installing proper gaskets.
- Operates valves, pumps and filler pipes, and transferring wet and dry products from holding facilities to transportation equipment.
- Communicates with co-workers in person and using two-way radios or similar equipment.
- Inspects interior of tanks for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or damage.
- Monitors processes carefully to ensure the efficient transfer of product to transportation vehicles.
- Verifies tank car numbers with loading instructions to ensure accurate placement of cars by crew.
- Fills out Inspection Reports after checking trucks and railcars.
- Operates a rail locomotive, positioning cars in appropriate sequences to receive product.
- Cleans up spills in area.
- Completes related records of product transferred, ensuring the accuracy of such records and inputs related data into computer.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties on department equipment or notifies department supervisor of needed repairs.
- Prepares and presents bill of lading to the drivers of the loaded trucks.
- Removes and replaces or gives directions to another worker to remove and replace dome caps, using wrenches.
- Inspects rupture disc, vacuum relief valve, rubber gaskets on valves and cover plates, and replace defective parts, using wrenches.
- When unloading cars, connects hose to outlet plugs on cars and attaches special dome, using wrenches.
- Works in teams to coordinate tasks to efficiently and accurately load products into rail cars or trucks.
- Operates skid loaders, forklift trucks, shuttle wagon, locomotive and related equipment.
- Cleans and operates switch tracks in rail yards to move rail cars to proper tracks.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner at all times
- Performs routine maintenance of department equipment such as checking oil levels, greasing hanger bearings, washing screens, pulling covers, working on baghouses, unplugging conveyor presses, and routine serving of the pay loader.
- Inspects pump filters regularly, exchanging such for new filters as necessary.
- Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures by attending staff meetings and discussing ideas with co-workers and management staff.
- Removes excess product from loads as needed, or reclaims product from returned railcars and deficient railcars.
- Assists and advises Dry Grind Superintendent and Day supervisors of car situation.
- Be able to communicate by using approved hand signals and two-way radios.
- Assists in keeping the department in tour ready condition.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.