Equipment Maintenance Tech 2 Day Shift
Vishay Dale in Columbus, NE is currently seeking a full-time, 2nd shift Equipment Maintenance Tech responsible for performing electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process and facilitates the repair of that equipment to support the demands of production.
- Performs Periodic Maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Work assignments are made by automated methods assignments are made via cell phone text messaging.
- Completion of work assignments are computer keyboard entries into the maintenance program by the maintenance technician.
- Equipment priorities must be determined by production demands and interface with production supervisors.
- Directions come from the Lead person but most daily maintenance activities are self governed and self driven.
- Dismantles, adjust, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Make accurate inputs repair actions into the maintenance program via keyboard entry as they occur.
- Receive and prioritize machine repair actions for assigned area.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
- Monitor your weekly and monthly manpower reports for errors and ensure that your percentage of documentation accurately reflects your efforts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Utilize “PM Change Forms” to facilitate “Predictive Maintenance”.
- Utilize the Maintenance Data Program to its maximum extent to achieve the maximum maintainability of your assigned equipment.
- Utilize the Clock in/out system accurately per company policy.
- Performs required Lock Out / Tag Out procedures per company policy.
- Keep all assigned work and equipment areas clean and free of debris.
- Maintain accurate records of down time, causes and corrective actions taken in the automated maintenance program system.
- Monitor spare parts inventory and the necessary hardware required to repair production equipment.
- Advise the Group Leader / Lead Man of repair parts shortage and availability issues.
- Consistently monitor your assigned equipment for improvements and submit requests for such improvements to the Group Leader / Lead Man.
- Makes recommendations to the Group Leader / Lead Man for replacement or repairs of general equipment.
- Participate in cross training to afford maximum equipment coverage within your assigned group of equipment.
- Demonstrate compliance with all Vishay Safety Policies.
- Ensure that all assigned equipment and work spaces in your area are kept clean.
- Advocate pride and professionalism and be an example to follow.
Must possess a 2 year degree in Industrial Electro / Mechanical Systems Maintenance or document 5 years of equivalent experience. Display specific training in Electrical and/or Electronic Theory. Display specific training in Mechanical Systems Maintenance. Must possess the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams and all source materials relating to the operation and maintenance of equipment utilized within the plant. Have the ability to quickly diagnose equipment malfunctions and return to operational condition. Must be able to utilize the proper tools and test equipment to facilitate the best repair possible. Must be able to perform adequate manipulation and display the manual dexterity required to operate all tools required to effect a proper repair action. Must be capable of performing all bending, twisting and reaching motions to manipulate a load of at least 30 lbs. Must be capable of using all personal protective equipment required to perform the maintenance tasks required. Must use all standard electrical and machine safety practices recommended by OSHA.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.