Entry Level Operator
Vishay Dale in Columbus, NE is currently seeking a full-time Entry Level Manufacturing Operator responsible for one of three areas, welding/coating, testmark/colorband, or traying/reeling, but will need to have a working knowledge of all three areas. The operators are to prepare and complete all orders for prompt delivery to the next station.
- Checks production traveler to make sure previous step has been done and proper documentation has been done before sending on to the next station.
- Sets up work station and makes all checks as required in specification for assigned workstation.
- Makes quality checks as required during assigned shift to insure quality production.
- Keeps logbook and other required information accurately at designated workstations.
- Signs off production traveler as required with date, employee number, and other paper information. Place production traveler with the order.
- Fills out position card when necessary or reports on computer.
- Engaged in the Division’s Continuous Improvement Lean program, by providing evidence through the use either the JM (Job Method), 5s Audits, improvement on 8 types of waste.
- Makes routine daily cleaning time at assigned workstation.
- Interface with necessary maintenance, material handler, and engineering to maintain a high degree of quality, uptime, and on time delivery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Uses Welder, Precoater, Coater, Test mark or Trayer. Uses computer at assigned station for SPC and card reporting.
- Responsible to accomplish functions in the most efficient manner, producing quality parts, ensuring that the order is properly documented and sent on to the next station in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be able to accurately interpret specifications.
Must be able to stand during entire shift.
Must be able to handle and lift up to 20 pounds.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.