- Work with cross-functional teams for optimal manufacturing processes that increase machine capabilities and output
- Review machine design for potential process improvement with focus on productivity and efficiencies.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve processes by integrating controls & innovative new ways to produce product
- Post-audit and monitor those innovative changes to ensure desired results
- Partner with Business Unit Leaders, Partners in Progress, Customers, Team Leaders, Maintenance, and operators on product quality, manufacturing processes, and corrective actions, internal and external to the company
- Work on prioritized projects as assigned by Business Unit Leader & Team Leader.
- Assist with LEAN and innovation of manufacturing process implementation.
- Ability to or willing to learn to read and write PLC machine controls using different PLC vendors
- Ability to or willing to learn to network machine PLC components with HMI, Freq drives and other machine components to improve machine efficiencies
- Ability to troubleshoot PC based machine controls
- Ability to develop machine wiring schematics through means of wiring tracing or with the use of instrumentation.
- Expected to help maintain current and accurate machine electrical prints.
- Knowledge of the latest in machine controls, how they work and the best fit for Behlen machines
- Understanding or ability to learn manufacturing vision programs and set up manufacturing vision applications
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures, and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Associates degree in Engineering, Industrial technology, Mechatronics, or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- AutoCAD experience
- 3D AutoCAD knowledge or willingness to learn 3D.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an understanding that excellent internal and external customer service is the main goal.
- Self-starter – able to plan and follow through independently on assignments.
- Desire to partake in continual learning and career growth opportunities.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.