Elementary Teacher Openings
Website Columbus Public Schools
Elementary School Teaching/K-4
Columbus Nebraska Public Schools
- Columbus Public Schools District is hiring K-4 teaching positions for the 2021-2022 school year. Due to increasing enrollment, the grade and building assignment will be determined at a later date.
- Columbus Public Schools allows new hires to bring in five years of experience and all education. CPS offers a competitive base salary of $38,650 plus benefits, a hiring bonus, and paid leave.
JOB TITLE: Elementary Teacher
D.O.T. # FULL TIME X PART TIME
Sedentary Light Medium X Heavy Very Heavy
A. Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
B. Certification or Licensure: Nebraska teaching certificate; appropriate endorsements.
C. Experience Desired: Minimum of successful student teaching experience
D. Other Requirements: Knowledge of curriculum and effective teaching methods
REPORTS TO: Principal
1. Implements Board Policy regarding education philosophy/curriculum under the direction of the administration
through planning, organizing, managing, interacting with students; establishing rapport with students, staff, parents, and community; and continuing professional development.
2. Plans instructional objectives and activities consistent with curriculum guides.
3. Directs and supervises learning activities.
4. Implements the disciplinary procedures of the District.
5. Supervises behavior in the school environment to maintain the safety and well being of the students and staff.
6. Keeps accurate records of attendance, absences and tardiness.
7. Selects material suitable to the educational objectives.
8. Utilizes a variety of analytical and evaluative techniques suitable to the curriculum content.
9. Communicates a positive support of the students in their educational development.
10. Recognizes the exemplary influence of the educator over the students.
11. Supervises cafeteria and halls on a scheduled basis.
1. Relates with staff, parents and community through positive professional cooperation.
2. Suggests positive recommendations for the continuing review and development of curriculum.
3. Remains current with developments and contemporary interpretations of subject matter and teaching methodology consistent with the professional assignment.
4. Actively participates at scheduled staff meetings and serves on educational committees.
5. Assumes responsibility periodically for conferences with parents.
6. Performs other duties within the scope of employment and certification as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
7. Issues grade reports on a periodic basis.
8. Undergoes periodic evaluations according to State and Board policy and procedures.
Never – 0% Occasional – 1-32% Frequent – 33-66% Constant – 67%+
- Standing Frequent
- Walking Frequent
- Sitting Occasional
- Bending/Stooping Occasional
- Reaching/Pulling Occasional
- Climbing Occasional
- Driving Occasional
- Lifting (10# Max) Occasional
- Carrying (20# Max) Occasional
- Manual Dexterity Tasks: Computer/word processor
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Intellectual, Sensory):
Exemplary command of oral and written communications skills.
Skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, organization, prioritization, problem solving and conflict management, assessment and evaluation.
Visual acuity in supervisory rules; teaching.
Auditory acuity in teaching functions.
A. Inside Outside Both X
B. Climatic Environment: Air-conditioned facilities
C. Hazards: Stairs, communicable diseases.
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.