Elementary Special Education Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
Elementary School Teaching/Special Education
Columbus Nebraska Public Schools
DEPARTMENT: Special Education
JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher
D.O.T. # FULL TIME
D.O.T CLASS: Medium
Discover YOUR Future in Columbus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Special Education.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Director of Student Services
- Provides accommodations that can be implemented during services and collaborate with the general education teachers to ensure they are in place while the student is in the general education setting.
- Completes Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) as needed based on individual student needs.
- Plans for and uses paraprofessionals effectively to support the students.
- Continuous assessment and evaluation of progress toward Individual Education Program (IEP) goals.
- Develops students’ cognitive, emotional and social capacities for learning.
- Plans for and guides the learning process to help students achieve their program objectives.
- Implements useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Selects and uses effective instructional methods, district approved intervention programs, and learning materials.
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintains open lines of communications with parents, guardians and staff.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Maintain compliance on all special education procedures, timelines, and documents such as Individual Education Program (IEP), progress reporting, parent notification, consents, evaluation process, etc.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and lesson planning and student progress toward IEP goals as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Works collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the program and support the District’s strategic plan.
Never Occasional Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% 33-66% 67+%
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending/stooping X
- Reaching X
- Pushing/pulling X
- Climbing X
- Driving X
- Lifting 10# max X
- Carrying 20 ft X
- Manual dexterity tasks
- Telephone X
- Calculator X
- Computer X
A. Inside Outside Both X
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.