Elementary Attendance Monitor
Website Columbus Public Schools
FTE: 4 hours a day
Grant funded position
The Elementary Attendance Monitor shall serve the educational process by ensuring students develop and maintain good attendance practices and that parents support the attendance requirements of the school district. The Elementary Attendance Monitor may also transport students to support them in the social emotional growth.
- Have at least a High School Diploma.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license with no serious violations.
- Be community oriented, preferably with experience in youth programs or school activities.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with the community at large, including parents and students.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Executive Director of Student Services
- Make visits to student’s residences to develop healthy, positive family attitudes towards academic success, attendance at school and student growth and development.
- Assist in developing and maintaining home visitation records.
- Complete reports of any noted conditions, which may be a detriment to the safety, welfare, or education of the student.
- Work closely with building principals in the monitoring of individual student’s participation in school, academic, work, and extracurricular activities.
- Consult with building principals, school counselors, school social workers/interventionist, school psychologist, and parents/guardians regarding improving the student’s attitudes towards their educational achievement, attendance and/or behavior.
- Serve as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire, personal grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend all required meetings.
- Display ethical behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Transport students to and from school or appointments approved by the district.
Never Occasional Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% 33-66% 67%+
A. Standing x
B. Walking x
C. Sitting x
D. Bending x
E. Reaching x
F. Climbing x
G. Driving x
H. Lifting x
I. Carrying x
J. Manual Dexterity Tasks: x
Daily access to an automobile.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to utilize word processor, Internet, e-mail.
A. Inside (air conditioned bldg) Outside Both x
B. Hazards: Communicable disease, driving
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.